To work collaboratively with the UX designers to bring client requirements & design concepts into reality. You must be fundamentally customer driven with a focus on the user experience, making the applications visually impressive and to the highest standard of usability.
- Develop professional user interfaces for learning platforms such as Moodle/Totara
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to guarantee high quality, on-time and on-budget projects
- Delivering optimum results for customers
- Conduct UX consultancy workshops to deliver requirements for a project
- Ensure the highest quality of design, implementation & internal/external documentation
- Collaborate with non-technical staff in emerging web development techniques & best practices
- Provide accurate task estimations
Skills and Qualities
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Aligned with Synergy Learning’s Vision & Values
- Excellent experience & knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, LESS, SASS and the latest Bootstrap CSS framework
- A strong understanding of the fundamentals of PHP
- Experience in using version control systems (eg. Git)
- Excellent knowledge of web accessibility standards
- Proven track record of addressing development issues (Eg. Cross Browser)
- Prioritise teamwork via strong communication & collaboration skills
- 2 years experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments such as Moodle/Totara
- LAMP Experience (Linux Apache MySQL PHP)
- Experience in NodeJS/NPM
- Experience in using task runner modules such as Grunt/Gulp
- Knowledge of bug/issue tracking software such as JIRA
- Experience in using front-end frameworks such as Vue.js
Relationships & Reporting
- Reporting to the Lead UX Developer
How to apply:
- If you are a suitably qualified and experienced person and you think you would like to join us, then we’d love to hear from you!
- Please attach a cover letter explaining why you are the best person to fill this role, outlining your career objectives and how Synergy Learning can help you fulfil them. You should also attach an up to date CV, and answer the supplementary questions as thoroughly as possible.
- We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome interest from all suitably qualified individuals. We always recruit on merit alone, but as we are currently underrepresented by females in our workforce, we would particularly like to encourage women to apply.
- If you are disabled, and/or require any reasonable adjustments to assist you in applying for this role, or in due course attending an interview, please let us know and we will do all we can to facilitate you.
- Please refer to our website for any further information and GDPR statements.