Developers turn client requirements & feature requests into reality. They improve & expand the functionality of the systems. Developers have an in-depth understanding of how the applications are built. They provide advice into how the application should function & suggest improvements where possible.
- A helpful & collaborative person who works with colleagues to obtain the best results
- Strong communicator who can convey technical details to both technical and non-technical people alike
- Develop plugins & core changes to Virtual Learning Environments in PHP
- Guarantee high quality, on-time and on-budget delivery of development items within project
- Ensure high quality of documentation
- Collaborate with colleagues & provide assistance when required
- Be curious and interested in resolving bugs and support requests
- Knowledge of database systems MySQL, MariaDB or PostgreSQL
- Excellent knowledge of PHP Unit & behat testing
- Knowledge of version control systems.
- Knowledge of LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- Willingness to learn & become an expert in VLE’s (MoodleLMS, Totara, Moodle Workplace)
- Expert in Virtual Learning Environments (MoodleLMS, Totara or Moodle Workplace)
- Linux Shell scripting
- Git Version Control
- RESTful web services
Relationships & Reporting
- Works collaboratively with all project stakeholders & with all colleagues.
- Reports to Head of Operations