Business Development Manager (DACH)
We are seeking an outstanding salesperson with the additional drive, enthusiasm and expertise necessary to bring our customers’ requirements to fruition.
Ideally coming from a learning technologies B2B software sales background, you will create and build a significant sales pipeline through understanding customer requirements in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
You will work with the wider team to create WOW, that comes with exceeding expectations.
Reporting to the Head of Sales and Marketing, you will be joining the team as we build a platform for significant growth.
If you find this prospect exciting, and you want to work in a positive, team focused culture; you have the talent required and identify with our vision and values, then we want to hear from you.
The Business Development Manager's purpose is to build and manage a sales pipeline of prospective customers, collaborate internally within the wider team and deliver on an agreed quarterly/annual target.
This role is responsible for customer acquisition and will respond to new business enquiries, lead generation, writing tender responses and the delivery of targeted campaigns. By understanding customer requirements, they will effectively present the ability to meet these by demonstrating and presenting our value proposition.
The level of new and existing business successfully closed, against agreed targets, will be the key measure of your success.
- Create and manage a new business acquisition strategy within agreed region and sectors
- Respond to incoming sales enquiries and tenders
- Generate prospects in line with our sales plan
- Execute targeted campaigns to qualify prospects into leads
- Build and manage an accurate sales pipeline and sales forecast in line with annual sales targets and quarterly priorities
- Identify, initiate, develop and close business opportunities with new and existing customers, supported by a territory Account Manager
- Deliver highly competitive commercial proposals, presentations and pitches in coordination with the wider team
- Develop a deep understanding and knowledge of customer requirements and effectively present the ability to meet these
- Represent the company at events and exhibitions
- Acting as a brand ambassador for Synergy Learning ensuring that clients receive WOW customer service
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all customer communications within Salesforce
RELATIONSHIPS AND REPORTING
- The Business Development Manager will work collaboratively with a territory Account Manager and Marketing Manager on a regular basis, and the wider Customer Success Circle.
- Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing
ESSENTIAL CRITERIA – ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE:
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to build rapport and WOW our customers
- Fluency in German and English
- Highly evolved collaboration skills, to enable project success and exemplify our 1team value
- Self motivated with a record of consistently achieving ambitious annual sales targets
- Accomplished in customer-focused B2B and consultative sales for at least three years
- Able to win both short term, tactical deals and longer term, strategic customer wins
- Highly disciplined with strong organisational and time management skills.
- Good communicator, able to build trust with decision makers through professional communication and presentation skills (oral and written)
- Willingness to travel
- Strong networking skills
- Fast learner with the ability to absorb and communicate technical information
- Strong verbal and written communication skills - with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems or SaaS applications
DESIRABLE CRITERIA – WE WOULD LOVE APPLICANTS TO HAVE:
- Experience of Moodle and Totara
- Experience of using Salesforce
- Experience of using JIRA